Tuesday, June 14, 2011

// spaghetti carbonara //

Boar's Head pancetta

spaghetti carbonara

spring salad w/apple & roasted shallot vinaigrette

fresh watermelon

I kept seeing recipes for Spaghetti Carbonara pop up on random food sites and after seeing so many pictures of the dish, I started craving it. This is a first time dish for me - in eating it AND making it. I've always seen it on Italian menus, but it just seemed too heavy for me. After much research for an authentic recipe, the original one seems to not have any cream in it at all. Supposedly, it's an American addition...go figure. Guess it's like adding cream cheese to sushi rolls. I added a spring salad and some fresh watermelon for dessert. This mid-90 degree weather 24/7 is just too much. I really need a chill-cation. Anyway, if you're down for some good ol' comfort food, this dish is basically pasta, bacon, cheese and egg. The standards for things that are good and bad for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment