Thursday, August 18, 2011

// kale chips //

Sooooo, I've got something to tell you. You probably won't believe what I'm about to say next, but....I'm doing a cleanse. I know. I know! Insane for someone who thinks about her next meal while she's eating her current one.  Just let me explain. First of all, it's not one of those where you starve yourself and only drink lemonade. I'm allowed to eat, just certain things are restricted (booze, caffeine, red meat, gluten/soy/dairy products). Basically, I'm on it for 21 days and it's definitely going to be a big discipline test. So, I apologize in advance for not posting anything too exciting food-wise on here. That means: nothing fried and no desserts (real ones at least). Don't worry, it's only until Labor Day weekend (that's what I've been telling myself) and I'll still try to post interesting stuff. I've also got some restaurants around ATL that I've been meaning to post about, too. Thanks in advance for understanding. ;]

 Now, for the first healthy post. Hehehhe. I made kale chips. If you already like to snack on dried seaweed, then this is pretty similar. Kale's just one of those super-greens that are packed with nutrients that you need, but it can be bitter depending on how you cook it. There really isn't any way to mess this up.





Ingredients:
  1. a bunch or 2 of kale
  2. 1 TBS olive oil
  3. salt
Directions:
  1. Pre-heat oven to 300.
  2. Mix kale and olive oil in a bowl until thoroughly coated. If it looks dry, add a little bit more oil. Add a lil bit of salt.
  3. Bake for about 20 minutes. It may not look crispy, but when you touch it (when you take it out) it should be light, dry and crispy. Season w/more salt if needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment