Thursday, August 4, 2011

// braised orange chicken //

braised orange chicken w/carrots & bok choy

whisk together the liquids

flour-coated chicken thighs in sauce

looks ugly, but it'll taste yummy

remove chicken and let sauce thicken

Geesh. I might as well change this blog to one based off of chicken thigh recipes, but I can't help it! It's my favorite...especially the braised dishes...and fried. This one is a variation of the "orange chicken" that you usually order at Chinese restaurants. Found it pretty easy to follow, but one thing I wasn't sure about was whether to cover with a lid when placing in the oven. I did it WITHOUT a lid since the recipe calls for a "pan" and I used my dutch oven. Came out perfect. Give this recipe a go. On the side, I made carrots and bok choy sauteed in olive oil until soft (about 1-2 minutes) and then add in some balsamic vinegar to taste. Let simmer until carrots soften to your liking.

No comments:

Post a Comment