Monday, June 25, 2012

// steak & brussels sprouts //





There are so many ways to make brussel sprouts nowadays. I tried this really simple recipe while being crunched on time since broiling my steak only takes less than 10 minutes. The only thing I left out were the almonds. For the marinade on the steak, you can let it sit for 15-30 minutes if you're in a hurry. Of course, if you can leave it for a few hours it'll be even better, but I've honestly marinated for less than 10 minutes before and it still came out really good. I always keep the staple ingredients around my apt. Try it with salmon, too!


INGREDIENTS FOR STEAK:
  • olive oil - about 2-3 tablespoons
  • honey - just drizzle zig-zag style on the steak
  • herbs de provence (or Italian seasoning) - sprinkle on each side
  • soy sauce or Tamari sauce - about 2-3 tablespoons
  • ground pepper to your liking
  • ribeye steak
DIRECTIONS:

  1. pre-heat oven to broil
  2. put marinated steaks onto broiling pan (save the marinade)
  3. cook on one side for about 6-8 minutes (depending on size of your steak)
  4. flip over, pour leftover marinade on top of steaks and cook for another 4-5 minutes (depending on how you like it cooked, I do medium-rare). 

No comments:

Post a Comment